Thread: Athletes
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Athletes

I was wondering if there are any other athletes out there who have been sidelined from their favorite sport and want to share their story.

I am a varsity hockey player and have been out from hockey for over 6 months. I am going through huge withdrawal not being able to play my favorite sport or exercise. It is a huge passion for me and it is something that I would normally do every day.

I would not even think of returning to play until I am 100%, but I still can't help wishing everyday that I could be back on the ice. Because I have such a passion for hockey, it really feels like the main reason I am upset by how long the recovery process can be. I can put up with the pain, and I don't mind to much having to stay for another year of school, but knowing that the headaches mean I am that much further to returning to the game, really rattles me. I think it would be hard for non-athletes to relate or understand.

On top of that, because I am used to working out all the time; and now have completely stopped, I've been gaining weight. Certainly not helping the confidence.
comeback_kid_11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote