View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 08:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes I am studying nursing. Wish I would of listened to my parents and went to

Bridgettes meds are as follows:

15 mg of abilify 5 in am and 10 in pm.
50 mg of trazodone

she was on Litihium but because of side effects the doctor took her off of them and never replaced them with anything else. Her father does go to appointments with us and she won't even listen to him. Last night was another roller coaster she got very angry and out of control over something that most people would not. Last week she hit my 15 year old daughter while we were not home. She ended up leaving for 6 hours and then coming back. AFter she blows up she is sorry when she calms down she then realizes what she did/said.

She wants to goto college after she graduates high school but I am not so sure she will be able to handle the stress that goes along with college if we do not get her meds adjusted. I will call around later today and try to find her another pscyh. As far as the therapist, she won't see one. She refuses to even talk about it said she doesn't want to feel more of a freak than she already does. It breaks my heart because no matter how much her father and I try to explain to her she isn't a freak and bipolar is something that isn't her fault. We even tried to tell her its a disease in the sense of like diabetes but she sees it as so much worse.

Thank you for all the support and the suggestions I appreciate it and I promise to try to keep you all updated more often.

Jen
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-03-2011), BlueCarGal (10-03-2011), Dmom3005 (10-03-2011), Mari (10-03-2011), waves (10-03-2011)