View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

Dear Jen

welcome back. it sounds as though, all things considered, you are doing quite well... you are doing all of the right things. I am glad that Bridgette has come back home, where you can monitor things, and that her dad is participating in her care.

I agree with scouting out a different psychiatrist sooner than later as appointments can require a long wait indeed. As far as talking to her doctor, and especially a new doctor, i would put things in writing. For the new doctor, i might try to write up a one or two page history in writing, including significant symptoms (such as sleeplessness, rage outbursts, self-injury or thoughts of that, euphoria....) and the typical time span for each cycle. Include age of onset, whether there are any times of "normal" mood, and describe her "normal" mood.

Keeping a mood chart for current events will help you and the doctor also, in the long run. Several are available online which you can use or modify. I would personally suggest including day 1 of her menses in there, because that can affect mood, and if it does, it will become evident from the chart. i also have a notes column in mine for significant stressors and unusual activities.

that sucks about the testing but i have to think there must be a away around it. generally they would bill to insurance and you would pay anything not covered.... have you tried that angle?

Sorry to hear about the violence at home. Do you have a plan in place to have adult supervision at all times at this point? That must be hard with school.

Kudos for your continuing with school through all this. Nursing is a noble profession. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-03-2011), Dmom3005 (10-03-2011), Mari (10-03-2011)