View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 03:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 343v343 View Post
I guess it's one day at a time, but I am somewhat nervous what the future holds. Don't want to do any more damage.
Hi 343v343, You're right about one day at a time.

I'm 34 days post op now and yesterday was my best day. I was stupid enough to over exert with some cleaning up around the house..... and so be it, result-now achy and pulsing in ears + slightly breathless this morning!
The thing is you can't predict the future BUT you can judge what to do in the present.

I know my limitations but every now and then forget them.

I worry about causing more damage to myself especially about scar tissue etc......so that it is why I make certain that I focus on my posture as much as possible. I'm not obsessively correcting my shoulders 24/7 but I am becoming more aware of how I sit and hold myself.
When I ache, I stop and I stretch it out --------GENTLY!!!!!!!
I'm laying off strengtening at the moment as I think my body is just about getting to grips with new breathing techniques and meditations. The body does enough in everyday situations..... you don't have to be pushing weights in the gym to keep fit. I like to walk. It helps with the circulation too.
Today will be a day of being more nurturing to myself, some stretching, corpse pose and belly breathing etc.
Listen to your body...... take back some control.
KEEP POSITIVE!!!!!!!

P.S

I just wanted to add...... keep in mind that the human body can and does heal itself!!!!!!!! Just give it time and the chance to do so.
This time last year I couldn't even stretch my arms out to swim.... this August ( 2 weeks before my op- VTOS ) snorkled in Egypt...... I will again!

NEUROLOGICAL symptoms ( as bad as they can get) CAN + DO SUBSIDE/IMPROVE if given the chance.
LISTEN TO YOUR BODY

Last edited by SD38; 10-04-2011 at 03:34 AM. Reason: additional comment
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote