View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

When you get your D fixed, you will find you don't gets colds and coughs so often.

Also using a quality fish oil, or the new Krill oil, will provide the essential fatty acids that line the lungs and bronchi and make them more resistant to infections.

There was a time in my professional life (exposed to all manner of communicable disease), that I would have chronic asthma and bronchitis all year long. When we started taking essential fatty acids here along with my son who had ADHD, we all benefited in ways not expected. My chronic GERD (from a hiatal hernia) went away too. So if you do not eat salmon frequently or use the Smart foods out there now (ex: Smart Balance and Omega-3 eggs) you need to take the EFAs in supplement form. I haven't had a real bronchitis, in a decade, except for one time my cat sneezed on me, and gave me some nasty bug. And neither my husband or I have had a serious case of flu in many years (we never get the flu shots either).

You can quench free radicals easily from foods if you choose. I'd stay away from herbs since you use RX medications, because herbs contain proto-drugs and may have unexpected interactions. Not all herbs have been studied carefully in this regard.

If you were NOT taking the drugs, then there would be less risk with herbs. Foods high in antioxidants are foods of "color". Berries like strawberries, blueberries, etc. You can substitute sweet potatoes/yams for white potatoes and get more fiber and the various carotenoids which help with free radicals. Squash and red/yellow/orange peppers also are very useful. Curry spice with its turmeric supplies curcumin which is a powerful antioxidant. Grapeseed extract also works very well for allergies and free radicals...and is very good at free radical scavenging. It can help people with RSD (another type of neuropathy ) as well. Grapeseed is available as a supplement for typically little cash outlay.

Do keep us in the loop and post about your progress.

When trainers enter the picture, I'd just give a simple last recommendation. Make sure you stay hydrated and drink alot of water, as you increase your protein level and take some supplements.
If you have any kidney results from testing that bear watching, discuss things with your doctor.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 10-04-2011 at 08:16 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote