View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 01:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,
So this is the update. I went to the Oral Surgeon for a follow up yesterday. He said it looks better, did the nose blow test and that came out negative. He thinks the sinus communication or OAF is healed. He gave me 3 more weeks. He said that in 3 weeks if the hole is not closed or it is still red then he will have to go in and clean it out. He said there is a chance that a sinus perforation can happen again because he does not know how deep he has to go to clean it and then he shook his hand and said it is a simple procedure if it needs to be done, do not worry about it and we will see in 3 weeks. So I go back the 24th of October. So this is good news, but why do I doubt the answer to the closure of the sinus communication? I think because I feel some pressure but I do not know if it pressure it is like a hard feeling when I say certain consonants and different times not all the time and may not happen for a day. I developed a bone issue on the tip of the gum around the socket. I feel a sharp piece of bone under my gum and it is pointy. He said it might go away and it might not. It is the way the bone healed. He said that he can fix that ( the procedure) but it sounded very painful. He asked if it hurt and i told him no, but it is very annoying and noticeable. If it does not go away it has to be cut and scraped down and that does not sound pleasant. He said he will not do anything until this other issue is fixed and healed up. As long as it does not hurt me, it has to wait. I respect him. He is not quick to jump to anything and you were right about the outcome of the visit.
I am the type of person who needs concrete proof that something is either fixed or is healing and I know you can appreciate that. My original dentist has a i-cat GXCB-500 in his office. Is this a dental ct scan and could this show if the bone has been comprimised and would it show a sinus communication?This seems like a high tech machine so I was going to ask him if he could do it if we could actually see the sinus area and if it was hurt in anyway. Do you know about this?
Also about this bone issue.. Did you know of anyone who ever had this done (the bone being scraped) and if so was it really bad?
Bryanna,
Thanks for your time and your help.
Nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Nicole,

I understand what you are saying.... completely. I counsel people every day and your fears, questions are very, very common. The only reason that I am able to look at this situation less fearful than you is because I have seen it from the surgical aspect so I am aware of the "unknowns" and the "potentials". To be fair to yourself, you cannot possibly imagine what this site looks like as it is healing because you cannot see it and the complications that you have experienced have left you feeling uncertain and fearful of the worst. From what your recent posts... it sounds to me like it is healing and it's just going to take some time.

I don't see why the oral surgeon would need to go into that site based on what you have described here. At this point, it is best to allow it to continue to heal rather than disturb it. I think that will be the outcome of your visit on monday.

I'm sorry you didn't go away :-(... I hope you can reschedule your trip to another time very soon.

Please try not to worry, you're doing everything right.... it will be ok =)

Bryanna

[/QUOTE]
Dry socket girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote