View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Eyes roll back and forth when trying to think..

Since my injury i've always described it as trying to "strain to think" and when I try to picture something or remember something I feel like I dont have enough energy, I tense my whole scalp, and my eyes twitch back and forth. But my "brain" literally hurts. It hurts to think! And i'm not even thinking hard, just basic stuff. I almost feel as if my head is cut off from the rest of my body, with no blood flow, as my eyes are droopy, and i'm so drained. Now i've just gotten A cranio-cervical fusion and mild decompression of the occipital lobe for basilar invagination and cranial instability, so some of it might be due to that. But I literally feel as if my brain is asleep. I have nothing to say to people, i have no automatic thoughts about anything, and i don't react to things like explosions or drama or tense moments. It's like i'm a freaking zombie! I've been tested for thyroid/ you name it. My neuro thinks i might hve a mitochondrial disorder because i have Ehlor's danlos syndrome. I also developed Postrnual Orthostatic Tachychardia Syndrome after the incident which is another reason why my neurosurgeon did the surgery (brainstem compression can cause atonomic dysfunction). It's s serious and i feel retarded, like i can't even remember yesterday without straining my head. But i do feel it is a structual problem like it could be fixed if pressure was taken off (nerve or blood vessel?) which is more than possible seeing i already had one sructual abnormalty and having ehlors danlos make me more prone to it. I've never heard of someone like me and it realy is a complex case. The thing is i can articulate perfectly even above my age group but i can't think about stuff or imagine stuff without hurting my damn head.
Bobomb92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote