View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for the input,

I knew there were some that have it in their face. I am scheduled for surgery on April 11th and it's the one surgery that I am looking forward to for the RSD but wondering what it's going to do for the RSD.

Loretta, I have had RSD since around 2000 diagnosed from TOS surgery but i believe I had it a few years before that. I fell several times and ended up with TOS and I believe the RSD came with it in 97 and 98. The surgery just brought it out more.

My short term memory is gone. I was trying to think of the word leather yesterday when I was talking about a coat took me forever to come up with that word.

I know an older man that had that trigeminal surgery and he came out 10 times worse. I actually told him not to do it. He didn't have much knowledge on RSD even though he had it so they just don't know the extent of what happens sometimes from certain surgeries.

It is important to get help with the RSD in the first 6 months but I have seen several that have had good results with blocks after years of having it.

I have it in my right arm, hand, right side, pelvic area, right foot up to my hip, my neck, back and I guess pretty much full bodied. I didn't know I had it in my neck and back until my Physical Therapist diagnosed it there.

Like you I have a great Dr. He deals with my PM, my councelling and everything else I live with. He's a PCP and Sports medicine Dr. and has learning in councelling. He's been stuck with me since 90.

I lived in PT for over 3 years too. 2 times a week, I finally got tired of going. I was going for Fibro, RSD, TOS, and back problems.

We had an RSD group here but no one was able to go. Just not good treatment around here for most of the RSDers.

I walk everyday I can. I have been walking about 3 to 4 miles lately and then come home and dealing with CFS again.

I've had pain for 20 years, first I felt like I was dieing until I got all of the tumors out of me then really felt like I was going to die from the RSD pain.

A lot of us are 50's and 60's fans on here I believe. I love all of the music from those days. I graduated in 69 and the years before that were the best years I think in music. You could understand what the singer was saying and every other word wasn't a cuss word. I listen to music when I walk.

Laraine, I'm glad you found our group. We have a great bunch here.

I live in an area where I doubt that anyone knows what Tai Chi is. I've always thought that Colorado was so far behind times they would never catch up. Someone mentioned accupuncture to me. We don't have any of them in our 3 surrounding towns either.

I am hoping that I don't end up with the RSD in my face from this surgery. They can't do a block so it's a possibility but I have to go through with the surgery. It's either keep the depression or deal with the RSD. Don't know.

Thanks girls,
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote