Thread: newbie
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Tom,

It sounds like common, run of the mill Post Concussion Syndrome. As long as there are no bleeders, you will just need time to heal. A neuro-psych assessment will help you identify your dysfunctions.

I had to put my cell phone on a lanyard for around my neck. Otherwise, I kept setting it down and forgetting it. Prior to my injury, I never lost anything.

As you said, if you take your time, you can do your work. This is a good system. Avoid all time pressures. Double think your processes.

Fortunately, your work is an over-learned skill. As long as you don't push it, those skills will still be reliable. If you push it, your brain can get both motor skills and memory/cognitive skills mixed up.

You should have a sincere sit down discussion with your dental assistants. You need to give them a code word in case they see you starting to get mixed up.

When you forgot your cell phone, you were likely in a hurry or at least, a little bit stressed. Then, when you went back, you were in a hurry and/or frustrated and your brain got mixed up.

Stress changes the chemicals in the brain and the brain messes up. Avoid stress by making good choice.

Been there, doing that.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote