Thread: Pet food recall
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 06:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

MrsD,

I wouldn't give the kitty ANY cat food with chunks and gravy. I've heard that even the major companies that are not affiliated with Menu are pulling their products.

I would try Purina dry kitten food with maybe just the tiniest smidgen of flavoring -- maybe milk or human gravy of some of the water from human-grade tuna packed in water. Cats get addicted very easily to flavors. It's not good to "bribe them" to eat.

You know, when I had my former five kitties, two of them had diabetes. I talked with other people at the Vets and every single one of them that also had cats with diabetes had also been giving them Hills Science Diet. I wouldn't give any animal that brand.

I wonder about this Menu Food company. They've 48 brands which are all basically the same product with different labels. That sounds like market manipulation to me. I would never buy any of their products.

I just heard on the news that they tested the product on 40 to 50 animals over the weekend and 7 of the animals died. My God, that's like almost 20% death rate. And they're still doing live testing. They ought to be able to tell chemically what's causing this. They're possibly blaming it on some new grain supplier. I would wonder what the heck could be in grain that could cause kidney failure.

I don't think any of the companies are as careful with feeding our pets as we would want them to be.

I hope they find out what is causing this.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote