View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
My cane frustrates the heck out of me when shopping. And doesn't seem to help much when my legs feel stiff and/or weak. I mostly use the cane for balance purposes. I have never tried a rollator but that may be something I need to consider as they do have the seat on them.
My cane frustrates me, too. You know what my main reason is for carrying it when I go out? So people won't think I'm drunk. It's hard to carry my purse and my cane. And the cane seems to just make things worse if that's possible. I finally got a cross-body purse so I took care of that problem. The cane really doesn't help with my balance issues. At least if I stumble with the cane it looks more normal.

Congratulations on using the scooter. It's a liberating feeling to finally do something you've been hesitant to do. I still haven't used a scooter at a store yet. I guess the only reason is that I hardly ever go to any store but the grocery. And there I have the cart to hold onto. Stores like Target I think I would definitely have to use the scooter.

I really think I'm ready for a Rollator. I walk so much better when I have a handle to hold onto. Maybe I'll ask for a red one for Christmas.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (10-05-2011), SallyC (10-05-2011), tkrik (10-06-2011)