View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

I have a suggestion for you. Please get your numbers for the B12 and Vit D test. Many labs in US still report very low numbers as "normal". In fact you may NOT be normal at all!
Your B12 should be 400-500 or above to be normal these days!

New mothers with several small children in a row, often become depleted in EFAs... these are the good Omega-3s --good fats, your body converts to DHA for the growing brain of the fetus. If you did not have the new prenatals with Omega-3 added, or you do not consume flax products, you could be low in these. When that happens, your nervous system suffers, because your babies took your DHA and EPA from you to grow.
There is an OTC supplement made for pregnant women and those nursing etc...called Expecta.

Fructose sensitivity is common. 1 in 3 people have this. Just avoid all fructose. If you have GI issues, you might want to try Kefir... this liquid form of yogurt has TWELVE cultures in it, when yogurts typically have 3-6. I've just discovered this for myself and am very pleased, after having 2 gall bladder type attacks which seem now to be a dysbiosis of the GI tract! Lifeway is the brand I am currently using. It seems I have a new GI tract now! LOL anyone on doxycycline should be on a very good probiotic, and Kefir, is better than most you can find today.

This is my EFA thread (essential fatty acids/fats)
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=6092

Other critical nutrients for you would be magnesium, and a good Bcomplex for starters.

I think you will find traditional MDs lacking in sensitivity and compassion when it comes to new onset PN. Think back also and see if you have used Cipro, or Levaquin or Avelox lately.
These drugs cause PN in some patients...which is common knowledge now. But your doctor won't admit it... either.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote