View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 04:51 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, Porkette:

Thanks for your information about status seizures. I learned something new about epilepsy today.

I had absence seizures twice, but I did not know these were called absence status seizures. These two absence status seizures, which lasted much longer than 15 minutes, occurred when my primary care physician put me on Gabitril, an epilepsy medication. I thought such medications were supposed to prevent seizures from happening, not make them happen. Maybe this is an allergy an epileptic person has for a particular epilepsy medication.

Thanks also for understanding my desire and pleasure for sky diving. With my generalized internal chronic RSD, epilepsy, asthma, and hypothyroidism, I do not have many people who want to be friends with me, as if I was going to contaminate them with my health conditions. Most of the activities I enjoy fortunately do not require the presence of friends; I say fortunately because I have so few friends. I enjoy sky diving, horseback riding (circus type or not), rock climbing, mountain hiking, water skiing, and reading. Reading is hard because I have trouble concentrating and understanding words even though I know these words. This is a symptom of my hypothyroidism.

Thanks for your kind words.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (10-06-2011)