View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 05:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The secret to a good cup of coffee :)

My Krups coffee maker is a bugger to clean thoroughly and this afternoon I decided it was time to freshen it up a bit. I usually scrub the container with baking soda and water, rinse good and do the complicated spring load lid system also that way and also use an old toothbrush.

After cleaning the reservoir with a damp cloth I looked for a bottle of white vinegar to put in the reservoir and run thru the process a few times to clean the innards. Lo and behold no White Vinegar in the house. Ah, but there was a bottle of Apple Cider vinegar!

After cycling through 3 times and having my sinuses cleaned out from the rather strong aroma (I did dilute the vinegar with water, honest) I then ran one pot of clean water through the coffeemaker.

Satisfied it was clean, I made a pot of fresh coffee for my after dinner drink.

Woowheee, the best cup of coffee I have had in a long time, I guess the secret is being clean and having a tad of Apple Cider vinegar left over in the pot......

Now in all seriousness, although that was a great cup I just drank, are there any suggestions on ways to clean a coffeemaker? Or, have I done it basically the right way..... (I am a guy after all)

Jyes
Jyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote