View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 05:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Aneurysm Surgery

I currently have a unruptured ICA terminus aneurysm, 2.4mm x 2.0 with 2.0mm neck. I have been trying for 4 years to get my HMO to approve surgery. I have a family history of ruptured aneurysm's and really can't see living the rest of my life without the surgery. My Mom's ruptured and the doctor's said it was a miracle that she lived. I would much rather operate on the aneurysm before it burst, your chances are much better. Your's sounds like a large aneurysm, so your best bet is surgery. I was also diagnosis of seizures when they found mine. I have daily issues with my thinking, finishing sentences, staring, memory loss. The doctors insist that the aneurysm and the seizures are not related, even though they found both at the same time. It sounds like your aneurysm is big enough to cause many symptoms. It has to be putting pressure on important areas in the brain. I wish you luck with your surgery, I know that you will be fine. Please let us know how it goes.....Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybelly View Post
Hi my name is Narelle I live in Melbourne Australia, I have a wonderful husband and 3 gorgeous children,my story is,

I had 4 steel poles fall and strike me on my head back in October 2010, after this happened i ended up with a bad case of concussion, which I am still dealing with today.
My GP has sent me for 2 CT scans and both came back ok, he then refered me to a Neurologist, whom ordered a MRI.
This has shown an 8 x 7mm ICA aneurysm with a 2.5mm neck.
Although I don't know if that is big, small or in a a somewhat normal range as far as aneurysms go, I have seen a Neurosurgeon and he has requested that I see a Neuroradiologist to see what operation would be better, clipping or coiling.
My Neurosurgeon has informed me he'd like to operate within the next few weeks.
I am extremely anxious at the prospect of surgery and the outcome, I am also very anxious as the Neurosurgeon said the aneurysm is at risk of bleeding and I am home during the day by myself.
I can't seem to get the fear of it bleeding or rupturing out of my head, I am not sleeping , if anyone has any advice as to how I can get past this at least until my surgery it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Narelle
allans799@sbcglobal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote