View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 06:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 13 year old that had 3 doses of 120mg solumedrol

My 12 year old daughter was admitted into the hospital last monday for an allergic reaction to an antibiotic. Her swelling was severe (tongue and throat), so they repeatedly gave her (3x) epinephren. Then they gave her 120mgs of solumedrol three times over three days. They also gave her ativan to calm her down (which we wouldnt have had them give her, but it was too late). fast forward to today...she is not out of the hospital, her last dost of steroids (15mg) was on Sunday and she is not acting herself. She has facial twitching, random screaming, unable to go to school, difficulty concentrating, uses a different voice, says hello to everybody that she sees out and about. The bottom line is she is not herself. She says that she feels confused and fuzzy, and it doesnt go away. Everything that I have read indicates that this should go away fairly quickly after she is off of the drug, but it's been 3 days already and we are concerned that she has some type of brain damage. Has anybody else ever seen this and how long should we expect for this to go on? She is a straight A student in all AP classes and is currently acting like a 6 year old. please help and offer me hope that this will go away.....
concernedparent is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote