View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 09:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish4luck View Post
I am new to this support group. I have had the RSD diagnosis since an auto accident in August 2009, by a man who who had no insurance!! Just my luck!! Over two years of dealing with this disability and I still often have times I just want it GONE!! The RSD is in my entire right arm (i.e., shoulder, arms, hand, and fingers). I am one of the "rare cases" that has mirroring in my left hand also. The original injury/damage was to the right upper quadrant of my body because that was the only arm on the steering wheel at the time of the accident.
I am a psychologist for a school system, and I missed almost an entire year of work (2009-2010). I then returned to work full-time this previous year. I am back to needing P.T. again because my shoulder is freezing up again. The part that really "ticks me off" is that the driver that caused the accident has no frigging idea what I will deal with for the rest of my life. I am on several pain, depression, and anxiety medications because my pain level is usually about a 7 or 8.
As the title to the post indicates, I realize that I am slowly losing my fingernails. The white portion is increasing back over the "quick." Does any other RSD patients have the same thing?
Hi Irish4luck,

I see you are a visitor. Please join for some much needed support. I have just spoken to a friend who is also a school psychologist, also injured in a car accident. He is in his second remission. He would love to offer you support. If you pm me I can give you his e-mail address.

Better days are ahead for you!!!!!!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Karen67 (10-06-2011)