View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 11:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wishing won't make it so but I do wish. I wish cannabis was legal like alcohol, cigarettes. I wish people were not so conditioned against its use.

So far, it has not had any evil consequences in my experimentation.

I wish I could share my products, especially right now.

Back before getting too sick to hold a small job, I worked for a chain home goods store. It was a lot of fun, I loved helping people buy things, I loved unpacking the things that went on the shelves. I worked with fun people. I had a good manager.

Each branch is in a healthy competition with the other stores in the area. When I applied for a job, I was hired immediately at the location but I had a great relationship with the manager at a different store.

I was very good at getting people to open a store account. Employees received "prizes" as an incentive. I am not sure how it happened but the other manager challenged me to a personal duel to see if he or I could get the most people to sign on for a personal credit card. It was a crazy day. If an employee could get ONE person, it was an accomplishment. That day was magic. I would simply suggest and a customer would nod and sign up.

Every time I got ahead, he would call because he got one too. It was crazy, I averaged two an hour and he matched me. It forged a fond memory of the day between us.

When I now want to haunt the aisles for house stuff, I go to his store because it is more in my neighborhood. He is a good looking guy and always has a smile for me. His store has a better atmosphere. All the employees are more relaxed than where I used to work. He is more friendly than my old boss. With her, it is awkward. But it has been a long time since I had that small job.

At the same time as my dx, he was dx'ed with a debilitating brain tumor. He had been in remission but the tumor is back and growing aggressively. Despite the pain, he still is a handsome guy with a smile for me.

MMJ is supposed to help reduce tumors, it did it for my friend's nephew when he had a tumor in his chest.

Paying for a cannabis card in AZ is expensive and law enforcement has made it even more difficult in spite of state legalization.

Wishing won't make it so but I wish the system understood that a good man could be helped. Marijuana would not hurt.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (10-06-2011), SallyC (10-06-2011), surfer00 (10-06-2011)