View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 12:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Vman - I'm seeing Dr. Hugh Gelabert at UCLA. He's a vascular surgeon, very nice, thorough and explains things well, answers all questions, and allows time for the appt so as to not feel rushed. We are keeping things conservative right now as far as my treatment. I highly recommend him; however, you have to have a referral from another doctor before seeing him. I was referred by a orthopedic back/neck doc.

I would agree that your son should drop the weightlifting for now. As for piano and other activities, if it's possible, have somebody evaluate him as far as hand/arm positioning etc. I'm taking Alexander Technique lessons to try to break some of my bad habits (conscious and subconscious). You might want to investigate it for your son.

Lastly, proper breathing and becoming aware of the body (head position, subconscious tension, etc) as I'm learning, are a big part of controlling the symptoms and feeling better.

I'm new to TOS as well but these are just a few things that have helped me. Good luck! Keep us posted on your sons progress.
Shadow1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote