View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, daily use of methyl B12 is good. But your drops are good too, better than cyano form which is synthetic. Just make sure you use them on an empty stomach...since your saliva will have the B12 in it and you will swallow it. B12 is absorbed passively in the intestine, but it should be free of food for best results.

Cipro and its cousins can cause PN.
Here is a link to read about it:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post661103-2.html
The net is filled with people today who claim to have various types of nerve damage from these drugs. There is even a book written about it called "Bitter Pills".

Doctors typically won't admit to it however. Dr. Cohen, who I've linked to on that thread is one of the rare ones, who thinks these drugs are overused in many cases.

With your muscle twitching etc, I'd find a good chelated magnesium product (not Oxide form) ---70% of Americans are low in magnesium. Your naturopath may have a good one to offer. Not eating whole foods, etc typically leads to low magnesium. Proper metabolism of Omega-3 fats requires magnesium too. I'd also do a Bcomplex 50mg in the morning, as well.

This is my B12 thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread85103.html

Any retesting now, for B12 may show you results you obtained so far with your supplements. So try and get that beginning reading to see where you were before starting your drops.

Getting low in essential fatty acids is common in women who bear children. One of the first signs is skin dryness and other issues with the skin. There are many "smart" foods now with flax added...cereals, Omega-3 eggs, peanut butter, mayo, even gummie vitamins for kids and adults! We buy chicken nuggets from Canada at Costco made with Omega-3's now !

It couldn't hurt to start taking some EFA supplements. Flax oil, for starters. If you are still nursing you should avoid fish oils, but there is the OTC DHA made especially for pregnant and nursing mothers, called Expecta, which is vegetarian derived, and safer. There are even EPA and DHA vegetarian oils but their EPA portion is lower than fish oils. EPA is the anti-inflammatory part of fish oil.

I'd also look carefully at your thyroid. Some women become hypo after delivery. Selenium is a cofactor along with zinc in conversion of T4 to active T3 in the tissues. Do the nutritional support for about 6months, and if you continue to decline, exploring Lyme can't hurt. And yes, Igenex is the one to use, since other labs have false negatives more often.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote