Thread: Benzodiazepines
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have been on and off benzos for years now. Xanax was my drug of choice for a very long time, and it helped immensely while I was doing my original flare. After it all settled, I was easily able to give them up.

Fast forward 5 years, and I start really flaring and got my dx. I went back on Xanax and Whew! it really helped. It seems that anxiety is one of my issues instead of depression with this disease, and I was wrecking myself. The hug is really bad on me and I asked the MD about it. He wanted me to try klonopin, but it was too strong. He put me on Ativan AND I still take my Xanax. it makes a HUGE difference in me. It really helps the hug, and I have had many many many less episodes of anxiety attacks, and worry fits.

I was told that once you start these things that its probably either A. for short term relief, take one as needed, or B. for life time long term use and will require them for the rest of my life if that is the road I choose to go. Neuro MD said he would not mind me being on them for the rest of my life, since I WILL have MS for the rest of my life, and they have provided such benefit for me. Since Xanax and Ativan both help in the same way, but do different things, he doesnt mind me being on both at the same time.

I must admit, its been wonderful to not be so tied up with worry, or anxiety that I cant get out of my own way.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (10-06-2011)