View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Husband support

I could not have survived my illnesses (MG and SPS) without my husband's support. From the very beginning, we both had no knowledge of either illness but he immediately started searching the web for answers. He had an advocate in my best friend who also started searching for answers. Thankfully he can talk to her about what is happening and I believe he now knows as much or more about MG than my neurologist. When I go in for an office visit the two of them can talk on the same level about possible treatments and medications.

From the very beginning, my husband held my hand and told me that he wasn't going anywhere and that we would fight this together. Little did we know then what we were facing. I know this is very stressfull for him, taking care of me, our house and six animals (children) and a full time job. Now I'm stable enough to be on my own during the day but he always seems to find a reason to call just to check on me. We've been together 31 years and have no children so it's the two of us fighting against this battle.

Southern Bell
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote