View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 08:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=kidgie;812244]Thank you for replying. Im currently searching for a diagnoses. I made the mistake of going to a new dentist, I had a root canal done in January and thats when my nightmare began."

Kidgie, I am so sorry for everything you are going through. I don't blame you for being alarmed and upset. It is awful to suddenly be bombarded with a host of symptoms that cannot be readily explained. May I ask why you were getting the root canal? Many of us had root canals that were, in hindsight, actually not needed and were already the beginnings of TN.
Your anxiety attack may have been aggravated by ending the steroids too abruptly (if I understand correctly). Steroids must be gradually tapered off in most cases. Of course, the whole situation is an anxiety provoker for anyone! TN does sound like a possibility since you have some of symptoms, including the tight feeling that I have, too. The seizure medication works for TN, but you have to be on it to know for sure. There is no real test for TN beyond ruling out some things and trying the meds. (I do not know from what you said if you took them?) For the dry nose, might I suggest Mucinex 12 hour and saline nasal spray used frequently? I have Sjogren's Syndrome, and extreme dryness is a side effect. Also, Afrin makes a moisturizing nasal spray you can use before bed to make sleep a bit easier. However, okay all of this with your doctor. I am just a mom, not a doctor. As for being concerned, of course you are. And as my own son has an anxiety disorder, I understand how hard it is to process everything with it. Having anxiety does not mean anxiety should become the automatic diagnosis just because a condition is not easily diagnosed. However, some things take time to be diagnosed and sometimes the nerve problems really can resolve themselves. Nerves take time heal if they have been bruised...for lack of a better word. Treat your symptoms for now, keep your doctor appointments, and stay with us.Hopefully, with time, it will all make sense.