View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 10:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithS View Post
Hi. I don't usually post on the weight loss forum here, but, ... I can use all the help I can find. lol

I started my weight loss journiney in July. Well, that was the 3rd of 4th time that I started it. But, I think I'm more serious this time. Have stuck with it longer, so far.

I lost 7 lbs in 5 weeks, then had to go on steroids for MS, and gained 7 lbs in 3 weeks. So, I kind of count September as my starting date, since I sort of had to start over.

Since September, I've lost 18 lbs in about 13 weeks. I've used a combination of techniques:
  • some SOUTH BEACH diet concetps (low-carb for awhile, now "good carbs" and "good fats")
  • IsoLean shakes (supposed to have two a day + one 400-600 calorie meal, but, I usually eat fewer shakes and more "real" food)
  • "calorie cycling" -- I tried JUDDD (Down days, 500 calories, alternating with Up days), but, I didn't like the 500 calorie days. So, I'm still doing Down days and Up days, but, not so low.
My goal is to lose a total of 50 lbs by May 22 (my daughter's wedding), and a few more by July 9 (30 year reunion).

~ Faith
Update:

My initial goal, in September 2010, was to lose 50 pounds in 50 weeks. I revised my goal, because I was ahead of schedule, and I made this initial post in December. By my daughter's wedding, I'd lost 47 pounds. By my July 9 reunion, I'd lost 53 pounds.

Now, in October 2011, I've continued to lose more weight than my initial goal. I currently weigh 120 pounds.

I'm still sort of still going. Right now, it's more about health than the scale.

I reached a healthy BMI (body mass index) back in April. And, I reached my initial goal weight about 10 pounds ago (sometime between my daughter's May wedding, and my July thrity-year reunion). However, I very quickly realized that my "muffin top"/"love handles" were still too big.

Online calculators tell me that, even though I have a "heatlhy" BMI, for my height and small frame, my waist measurments still put me"at risk" for cardiovascular diseases and Type II diabetes. I supsect that, if some more inches come off, more pounds will too. And, I could lose up to another 15 or so pounds without being considered underweight.

I'm not really expecting to get that low. But, I haven't changed my eating patterns/food choices back to what they used to be, and, even though I'm losing more slowly than I was earlier, I've still been taking off about 2 pounds a month.

~ Faith

P.S.: I've posted some photos in my albums here, if you go to my profile.
Began receiving SSDI 11/2008
FaithS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote