View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycapucine1974 View Post
Many people know that paramedics often use the naltrexone to reverse the overdose of heroin addicts.
Hi kittycapucine1974,

Is it possible that in this case you may be confusing naltrexone with naloxone? AFAIK, naloxone is used to counter the effects of heroin or morphine overdose, while naltrexone is used for dependence treatment rather than emergency overdose treatment.

Quote:
This is a bit confusing to me, but I think what the clinical trial doctors said is not clear.
I agree with this and pretty much everything else you said. There is some acknowledged controversy about all of this, and this is why studies are being done (and it's important that they are being done) to find out.

As I understand it, they should have brought your opioid levels down considerably before trying this, and even then there is a specific protocol that must be adhered to and carefully monitored. Somebody (and possibly more than one) messed up.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote