Thread: Young Adults
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 01:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindberg711 View Post
Young adults are not only the most commonly affected by TBI, but also among those who are in for the roughest emotional ride. When you are 20 years old, you are still just establishing an identity. I have found this to be the scariest and most challenging thing. This injury has completely shaken my confidence and sense of self, in a stage of life when I need all the confidence I can get. Moving out for the first time and going to a University are not the easiest things to do with PCS. Class is a struggle, living situation is uncomfortable, and the worst thing is seeing all of the people your age having fun. It sucks feeling like I can't be my age because of this damn head injury. So frustrating. Any other young adults out there?
Hi Lindberg711,
I am sorry you are going through this. I understand what your talking about. I'm 24 years old and started back at school full time just two weeks before my injury. It is such a struggle to get through class, complete all of my homework, and just trying to understand it all. My social life has definitely suffered, however my friends have been very supportive and understanding. I am getting married next August and luckily the wedding planning has gone smoothly and hasn't been stressful. Yet I worry that I will still be dealing with my PCS on my wedding day. I also worry about how much it will affect my school work.
Best of luck to you. You are not alone out there. Just focus on you and what makes you feel better physically and emotionally.
RubyV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote