View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I suffered for over 20 yrs... it took one year to slowly reverse with the medication.

A radiouptake is injection of a radioactive iodine into a vein, which is then measured as it decays and the particles are counted as they hit a small screen placed over the neck. It takes about 45 min to an hour I seem to recall. The endo didn't offer this test except for my insistence. It was a real battle at the time to get proper care. That is how women are treated IMO by some male doctors! I couldn't find a female endo in my area at all. All men!

Hot spots and cold spots/nodules occur with various problems of the thyroid, and in my case a large portion of the left lobe did not take up the iodine at all and there was no nodule. No explanation as to why ... injury or previous infection damage are the most likely causes. Many things just "are".

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote