View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 06:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn6447 View Post
Hi , I have Trigeminal Neuralgia and I posted over there and someone suggested I post on your site as well, has anyone tried or knows someone who has tried Lidocaine infusion therapy? I watched a video from a TN conference in California and one of the drs. made a reference to using it in his practice. I am wondering all about it now and he only made an off hand comment and I haven't gleaned much from googling it. Thanks!
I have been having this treatment every 6-8 weeks since May 2010 and I can honestly say it has changed my life, as the last poster said it lasts for a short period of time but with continued use it becomes cumulative. I get approx 3weeks relief and then the pain creeps back but my quality of life has made this worthwhile. My pain doc is hoping the PN pain will eventually stay away with continued treatment and I am finding my left foot is much better than the right where this has always been the more problematic foot.
I get 90 min infusions, it used to be 6hrs( that was wonderful but has been stopped due to cost), I am admitted to hospital and my heart rate and bp are measured every 5mins as this treatment could induce a heart attack although I am assured the hospital staff wouldn't let it get to that stage.
I have had tinglng lips and am very sleepy for two days after this but it is still worthwhile as I get my life back for a while.
PM me if you want any more info.
malawigirl08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote