View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:03 AM
BlueCarGal

BlueCarGal

Wink Hi, Lanieloo!

Though I was thrown from a horse, the cause of the life-altering headaches that appeared suddenly remains unknown. In the course of searching they've found an aneurysm that we're watching.

I've been able to find ways of managing the headaches, although these become ineffectual after awhile & I have to seek new ways. Currently it's a combination of hot compresses on my neck, cold ones on my temples, and Skelexin, plus meditation. I lie on the floor usually. I do yoga too, have for years. So far I've been able to avoid the pain pills, which terrify me since I'm a recovering alcoholic.

There are some "lost" days/weeks when I must search for new ways of dealing. Hard to do with killer pain.

My story's quite different from yours, but with so much pain in common I hope it can at least give you a sense that you are far from alone. These forums are great, just knowing I can always come here makes getting thru most days much easier.

I'm feeling lonely now, but not because of the pain. The pain is actually about #3 on my list of concerns right now! There is a whole life out there beyond the pain. I'm pulling for you, that you find your path. It's there--promise. Just persevere till you're on it, then enjoy the results.

In the meantime, we're here for you.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote