View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 01:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So now it is October while the pain in my tooth area is not as bad it is not gone. Sleep is becoming a huge issue as lack of it is causing me to be not happy. Update at the end of Aug a piece of bone the length of my tooth just came out on it's own. I thought good now it will finally heal. The extraction site did close but the pain did not go away just lessened. It is sensitive to hot and cold I still cannot stand anything in that area of my mouth. I went back to see the oral surgeon last wk and he took another xray said the bone is not filling in. He had no other suggestions other than to maybe come back in 6 months. I have been mulling this over for a wk today called the original dentist who could see me next Friday I nixed that idea as I figure why bother and told them I want a referral to another dental surgeon for a second opinion. I got that grudgingly the other surgeon has no appointments until November.
I am not sure what I am up against here but do wonder why this is such an issue. I talked to the dentist today on the phone told him the entire story again. He said the original dental work filling of four teeth (when they forgot to add the metal mould thing till after the filling had partially hardened) was not an issue. At the time of the original fillings that tooth would not take normal freezing and he had to keep returning to the room and doing a shot type freezing into the tooth. When they attempted a root canal on that same tooth a couple wks later that dentist tried to do that shot freezing it did not feel the same and it did not work. She tried a dozen times to freeze it and nothing on the inside would take the freezing this is where the bone was that eventually worked its way out.
When they took the xray last wk I asked if they would be able to see if there was another piece of bone left in there they said it would be hard to find because it would be bone on bone and may not show up.
Today I am thinking maybe I should try my doctor and see if she could get a cat scan of this area. This is four months I can't believe it. I feel like they are not believing me maybe because I wait so long in between visits and complaining. I have been complaining a lot to the receptionist at the dental surgeon she keeps telling me it should settle down soon. Also they give not appointments for follow up so you have to go there between 8-10:30 am and wait. The waiting room has no air I seem to get a head ache as soon as I walk in... I have had two consults after the extraction and both times waited the 2hours plus.. really a deterrent when they don't do anything anyway just offer more pain pills which make me feel weird and sick and I don't want.
I am beyond myself with this now I am thinking I may have better luck with my gp and a cat scan.
Does anyone here have any advice on how to proceed with this or suggestion of what could be causing the ongoing issues?
btdt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ughthedentist (07-07-2014)