Thread: What to expect
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 02:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, and welcome. I'm glad you're here. It really is a big relief to hang out with people who totally get it, even if it's only on-line.

Please keep in mind that the people who get better, to the point where MG isn't much of an issue in their lives, don't tend to hang around here as much as those who are really struggling with it! So reading this forum might give you the wrong impression about the disease. We're the hard cases.

There is good hope that you will feel better, even that you might go into remission. Meanwhile, I understand how scary Prednisone is. There are lots of people here who are on it, and they can share their experiences.

Congratulations on getting a diagnosis. Most of us here know what you've been through! It took me 15 months to get my diagnosis, which is relatively short--but I alternated between being terrified that I had something even worse than MG (like ALS) and being terrified that I would be dismissed as a head-case. So, you've successfully overcome the first hurdle! Onward and upward!

If you'd like, tell us more about what you've been through, how you got diagnosed, and what symptoms you're especially struggling with now.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote