View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I developed the thigh thing, which may be Meralgia Paresthetica.
Mine came slowly, following a C-section, that had some exploratory work looking for a hormone secreting tumor (which was negative).

Heat will activate this problem, I found. Mine progressed from tingling and feeling of cold running down my leg to frank stabbing pain. I finally used Lidoderm patches for it, when they came out, and obtained a remission. But overextension of the leg, heat, or tight clothing will give me some reminders of the old days!

MP is irritation of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve. The muscle is not affected. This is our forum here, but it is not very active:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum76.html
You can look around, for my posts there. I have many links as well, to read.

If your thyroid results are using the old scale 0-5.0... you may be hypo, with a reading above 3.
The new scale is .1-3.0 but not all doctors are using it yet.
This is a battle however... so you may not get very far unless you go to a doctor who does physiological hormone replacement. Not common everywhere yet.

Instead of a probiotic you may want to try Kefir...this is a liquid yogurt which I just had a remarkable positive response to.
It has TWELVE organisms in it in high concentration, and is very very nice to reestablish your digestive functions.
I got mine at Kroger's in the health food aisle. But most health food stores should carry it too. A friend on these boards suggested it to me, and I have to say it was rather miraculous how it improved my longstanding GI problems.

Here is the most common producer of it:
http://www.lifeway.net/
I have to use the unflavored one (lower sugar), and it is a bit sour, with a bite, but after a few days, I don't notice it anymore. You may be able to use a flavored one, which is just like a smoothie..and more fun.
I use about 4 ounces a day. No more cramps, no burping or hiccups any more and my GI pains and IBS problems are GONE.

Your supplement list looks pretty good ... But with no Vit D test to go by, the dose of the D3 may need adjusting.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote