View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 06:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kitty,

One hormone med you might want to tell your Dr. about is called "Natual Progesterone" You can buy it over the counter in natural food stores. It's a cream you put on your skin that is made from peanut oil and wild yams. If you are allergic to peanuts or yams DO NOT use this cream. I used it when I was having sz. before and after my monthly cycle do to hormones changing. It worked pretty good for awhile but then I decided to try it the pill form called: "Prometrium" This reduced my sz. greatly because the drug would lower my estrogen level which can cause more excitment and trigger sz. and it increased my progesterone level and progesterone helps calm the nerves. Another thing that I did was eat almonds or peanuts with low salt levels and that helped me also. I wish you the best of luck when you go on a hormone replacement med just be sure and tell your Dr. about your sz. meds because the hormone med can sometimes mess up your sz. med and cause more sz. and I don't want that to happen to you. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote