Old 10-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonely1 View Post
Well, she died about half an hour after my last post. She wanted to die, and so she drank herself to death. Everyone around her knew it was going to happen at some point, but there was nothing to be done. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

I guess I'm okay... I mean I'm miserable, but that word describes every day of my life to date. I actually sort of envy her... she gets to leave this God awful place but I have to stay here for 50 more years or so...

I hope the world she's in now is better then this.
Lonely, you are so vey right! "You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped".

You sound like you are in a hole like I was several years ago. Through the Grace of God; I crawled out of the hole ever so slowly; but I gradually did see the light. I still have to fight not to let myself go there again. I know the signs and if I had to just get in the car or go for a walk in a plaza looking in windows of stores. I know I need to get out of the house and fast. Just drop everything and go.

I also know when you are that "low" you really have difficulty even wanting to pray. I believe you do want to at least try; that is why you are here. You have started Step No. 1. Now; just try the next step and look for the "light".
It is there. But - only if you want it to be there.

I still have to "thank God for getting me thru today; please help me with tomorrow". I will include you along with me asking God to help us get thru tomorrow.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (10-08-2011), Alffe (10-08-2011), barbo (10-08-2011), Lara (10-08-2011), thelonely1 (10-13-2011)