View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 12:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinae1236 View Post
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and have a codman programmable shunt. I have had hydrocephalus for 41 years I have had the Codman for 6 and I am having echo headaches everything going on the outside echoes in my head when I get a pressure headache and to boot I have a burr hole that just to today started hurting and made me nauseas I called my neurosurgeon of 30 years and I am waiting for a CT scan script and a Shunt series script. Any help would be appreciated.
Tina
Hi Tina,
I too have a Codman programmable shunt. I've had hydro for 27 years now (ever since I was 2 months old). For most of my life I had a VP fixed pressure shunt and in July I had a revision due to the old shunt slowing down. Since my surgery I haven't been feeling the greatest. My headaches continue and dizziness is a daily occurrence. My neurosurgeon adjusted the setting on my shunt 3 times since July. The last time I called them to report my ongoing headaches he said my shunt was not the problem and referred me to a neurologist. My neurologist has done a series of tests to figure out the culprit of the headaches (migraines, etc.) May I ask what echo headaches are?
Misti
hydrotexan26 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote