View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Another possibility Allen is that with your weight loss and diet, you have reversed some of your blood sugar load.

It might be helpful to not take anything for 2 weeks and see if your sugars have corrected so far with your diet and lifestyle changes.

Test morning fasting and some postprandial (1 hr after eating) and before dinner, to see what your sugar is doing during the day.
An A1C below 6 and you might not need any meds at all, now as long as you continue with your dietary improvements.

I gave up my metformin for the second time this year because of GI pain. 3 weeks ago. And I just tested my sugar now and it is 100.

I've been using a supplement called theanine... which was listed in a newsletter by Dr. Blaylock MD as helpful for neuropathy. I've been taking it since early August, and since then my glucose readings have become normal. 150mg at bedtime. After this surprise I looked it up in more detail and found that theanine (which is found in green tea) reduces cortisol in the body from stress. Increased cortisol is implicated in the dawn phenomenon and cortisol does raise blood sugar.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote