View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Another MRI will likely be a waste of time and money. They can not show the microscopic damage from a concussion. They can show bleeds but if you had a bleed, you would not be posting online. Actually, CTs do better at showing bleeds.

Your neurologist will not likely have any worthwhile information for you.

If you have the MRI, ask about getting a good view of your cervical vertebra. Undiagnosed injuries to the cervical vertebra is often a cause of persistent problems, even your asymmetrical reflex tests.

An MRI/MRA may be worthwhile. Ask your doctor.

You said <I just want to understand what's happening to me, why its happening and how I can fix it.>

And the ophthalmologist's questioning your concussion history is common. Many doctors do not consider any impact a concussion unless there are severe symptoms. I was being seen by a new doctor at Kaiser. I told him about the impact to my head where all I sense is a metallic taste in my mouth. I told him that I believe these are concussions. he agreed. he is the only dr to ever acknowledge this metallic taste as a symptom of concussion.

btw, I have experienced the metallic taste with other concussion symptoms and alone. Maybe they are sub-concussive impact. Either way, they are not good for my brain.

We all would like this. Chances are none of us will ever achieve this. Concussions are still not understood, even by the best neurological scientists.

bright&dark, You need to consider the fact that you are suffering from Multiple Impact Syndrome. MIS is much more likely to cause prolonged or even permanent symptoms. As mu neuro said, sometimes, the brain runs out of ability to compensate after a critical number of impacts or combined damage from multiple impacts have been suffered.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 10-09-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote