Thread: MVD bad start
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 11:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MVD bad start

Hey everybody just got home from hospital. My MVD was cancelled due to vasovagal syncope- reflex arc of involuntary nervous system causing slow heart rate, dilation of blood vessel, low blood pressure and low oxygen flow to brain. Overall that means I was too nervous, and don't get me wrong I was scared but I wasn't freaking out at that second. As soon as the IV liquid ran up my arm the room turned a different color and I passed out, waking to people scrambling all around me, forcing vomit out of my mouth, my whole body covered in a cold clammy sweat and my legs violently shaking until covered with a mass of warm towels. Docs were very concerned and decided to cancel, even after asking me if I still wanted to go through with it- which i said yes to in my daze.

Wow good thing that happened because soon after my blood tests showed a white blood cell count of 27, normally around 4-10. Turns out when my doc gave me an antibiotic after my pre-op testing to reduce the count which was then 14.5, the antibiotic cleaned out my intestine leaving room for new bacteria to build. At one point, at a hospital or medical clinic, I inhaled spores of infected fecal matter (no idea where, so gross), I was put into hospitalization and isolation overnight and half of the next day to treat C. diff (clostridium difficile), a very contagious sickness involving horrible smelling diarrhea. Nurses and docs had to wear protective gowns. Thankfully I took to the powerful antibiotic and my count was down to 11 in less than 24 hours later and I got to go home. Hopefully this new antibiotic doesn’t cause some new problem (knock on wood). First problem already arose when my insurance rejected payment of antibiotic, costing me $140.

So overall they believe I was dehydrated before surgery from the C. diff and nervous. How can they look at you confused when you say you are nervous? Drilling a hole in my head doesn’t make me relaxed. Now I’ll probably be even more nervous next time, and I gotta be honest if I pass out again I don’t know if surgery is for me. I didn’t sleep a wink in the hospital due to noise and nurses constantly coming in the room to check my vitals, I know its policy but all I had was diarrhea not even stomach pain, it wasn’t like I was gonna keel over in my bed, in fact I felt perfectly fine I was really upset that I was forced to stay. I convinced them the next morning that I am able to sit on my *** and take antibiotics by myself at home. Anyway thanks for letting me vent, just really frustrated, was expecting to be recovering from surgery and now I get to wait even more. Maybe it was a sign not to go through with surgery; I mean the docs aren’t positive it will work with my atypical constant burning. Hell if i wouldn't have passed out from the IV the surgery would have been performed and there would have been serious complications during recovery.
ipreferdosequis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote