Thread: Adding exercise
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile yoga

Hello,

I posted in another thread about this yoga podcast available through iTunes. Just search "Yogamazing" and you will be able to download the episodes that you specifically want.

I am limited as far as movement so i modify the poses, but I found that the 15 min "Yoga for posture" is really helpful. There are many others, and they are free and the instruction by Chaz Rough is clear and easy for any level. There are a limited number of podcasts for free on iTunes and then they go on sale on his website.

Also, I highly reccommend this book "Yoga for Pain Relief" by Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D. It really encouraged me with my severe headaches and helped me with relaxation practices. It's perfect for beginners because to be honest I know that I still wouldn't be able to handle a class. It is just better to do it at home a few poses at a time. If you can't borrow it at your library,
its available on amazon at

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Pain-Reli.../dp/1572246898

I am still limited as far as endurance and exertion triggering symptoms but have found that walking really is the best. And hopefully soon you will be able to go to a pool. Yoga and aquatic exercises are the only things that I can do without a major headache coming on. Just go easy on the yoga- it is easy to get injured if you try to hard.
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote