View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska49 View Post
I wanted to ask if anyone has sarcoidosis( not sure the spelling is right) as my doctors are thinking I may have it either that or possible cancer as I did have thyroid canceer.
I have noduals on my liver, which I also have high enzymes. The liver and spleen are also swelling. Then they found the in my lungs also and they believe its in my brain as well. They are really cocerned about it until they can figure exactly what all this is. Does anyone know what it could be?
Thank you

Samantha
The spelling is correct.

A former friend's mother passed away from the disease after a prolonged battle (she had a severe case). The daughter was the most perceptive person I had ever been around regarding her ability to read my pain, due to her experience with growing up around her mother's pain.

Fatigue is a major factor. The damage done to internal organs can be severe for a small percentage of patients, while others have no long term effects and go into remission after a few years. There is no known cure, but anything you can do to increase your body's natural immunity will give you the best chance to fight the disease.

Do you have a family history of the disorder? (there is a genetic link.) I do know that it is most common in African American women and they tend to suffer from the most severe forms of the disease.

This is also the disease that Bernie Mac and Reggie White both died from. I know some have questioned whether race has been a factor in the research being underfunded...
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote