View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 09:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking weird cold feeling in upper left chest?

Hi, Susie-
I'm new here and have a lot of neurological stuff going on, too. I haven't had that feeling in my chest but do get it on the back of my legs a lot. You're right, it's weird.
My neuro just nodded when I told him about it years ago, so I guess that's the extent of his diagnosis regarding the feeling. Since then things have worsened for me neurologically and I smile when I get that feeling now. It reminds me of 'better days' when I could feel back there!
Because your icy feeling is in your chest, I'd meniton it. There probably isn't anything they can do about it but I'd tell him/her.

I've been on Tegretol for decades for epilepsy, it didn't stop anything related to neuropathy. Lyrica and Neurontin are supposed to help but when you look up the side affects they're enough to scare the snot out of you!
I have a right hand tremor now that I believe is from the Neurontin, it took about 15 years to get it but I have it. Thank goodness it comes and goes.

I also have a new neurologist, he said there are 4 new meds coming out soon that sound very good. He also mentioned that Tegretol is considered an older drug, meaning I'm getting off it. I hope a new one will help me lose weight!
I'd ask your neuro to consider a newer drug, if he says no, I'd consider a new neuro! Seriously. You don't want someone that's not up to snuff on what's going on.
There they are, my thoughts. I don't know what they're worth but there they are!
Revsma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote