View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 10:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Autonomic/ Small Fiber Neuropathy sudden flare

Hi, I haven't really introduced myself and I haven't spent much time on here since I first found this site. I guess I try not to think about these things but some questions I can't get out of my head.
My name is Stephanie. I'm 38yrs old. I have had SMF for 22 years at least. The list goes on but for right now I'll stick with this. It started with blood pressure symptoms in my teens, bladder symptoms in early 20's, loss of feeling in a few places and pins and needles all over by mid 20's.
I've always had a slow progression until recently. My hands and feet became extremely symptomatic. My skin felt as if it had been scraped off of parts of my hands, my palms were burning, the muscles cramping and nerve pain running down arms and legs. When I pushed on the affected area, pain radiated. The more I tried to use these body parts the worse it got.
It only lasted for a day but then it returned and has stayed for over a week now. I'm scared this is permanent. It has calmed down but hasn't went away. None of these symptoms are new, they just haven't all been at once in all limbs.
I guess my question is, has anyone else had a flare like this and did it go away after awhile or is this permanent? My PM doc was no help and I don't really have anyone treating me for the SFN. I have different docs for different symptoms. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
h2bh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote