Thread: Arterial TOS?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 12:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazDiggity View Post
I'm a 22 YO male from Sydney and I have been suffering from TOS symptoms for over 3 years now. After alot of negative testing I have finally been diagnosed with arterial tos on my left side after having a coronary angiogram confirming a complete eclusion of the subclavian artery when arm is elevated and back. I was just seeing if anyone knew what sort of success rate There is with surgery of arterial tos and if there was advice I should now?
Much appreciated,
The TOS may be caused by hypertension in one or more of three muscles of neck, chest, and arm near the armpit. Since it affects your subclavian, I'd think it would more likely be trigger points creating hypertension in the scalenes of the lateral neck. Ask your doctor whether you should first have a session with a massage therapist before conducting expensive tests and having surgery. I read on a medical researcher's website (sorry, I don't remember which) that roughly 87% of TOS cases are the result of neuromuscular trigger points. Massage therapy cured mine.
GaryA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote