Thread: Arterial TOS?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 02:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have had MRI, CT, Xray, CT angio, nerve conduction study all showed nothing out of the ordinary until I had the angiogram in hospital where they go through the groin which showed very clearly the obstruction at the first rib/ posterior scalene area. They told me this affects the subclavian artery and the brachial plexus. Not the vein so much. When my left arm is raised I lose the pulse totally. As for treatment I have been to countless massage therapists, physios, chiros, osteopaths and nothing puts the slightest dent in the pain so I think that something else needs be tried. I have an appointment with a vascular surgeon next week to discuss decompressive surgery. From researching it seems that patients with ATOS symptoms alone without many of the neurological symptoms seem to come out pretty well from surgery. I only suffer from pain in the first rib area and have colour and temperature changes in the left arm. I also get jaw pain, blocked ear and occipital headaches frequently. All these symptoms seem to be magnified when I wear clothes that touch the upper neck region. Sounds funny but it makes it at least 5 times worse. Thanks for the input, it's really hard to find anybody who has the slightest idea of what it feels like.
Ps. We've got it pretty lucky here where most tests are done for free so it hasn't really been an issue.
FazDiggity is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote