View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 10:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi

Hi everyone;

Have come down with a cold that refuses to go away. I may have to sit out the PD support group meeting tomorrow. We have an hour of exercise followed by discussions and sometimes lunch. Tomorrow we'll have our St. Patrick's day lunch...yes, I know we are late. Got hit by the Nor'easter snow storm a few days ago but the air is starting to warm up and by the weekend we should have plenty of standing water on the streets.

My visitor from Portugal left for Woods Hole, Massachusetts yesterday where she will stay for 5 weeks. She is working on past climate change in the North Atlantic.

This is the first day of Spring but it will be unlike the Springs of years past. Because we are moving to Maine later in the Summer, I won't plant the garden, put new flowers in or do any of the things that suggest continuity. I'll be giving away my library, odds and ends that I'll never use, gradually downsizing. I'm trying to imagine what life will be like in Maine. For more than 20 years we've spent our vacations there but that was during the summer. In New York City the Learning Annex gives a course entitled "How to Lose your New York Accent." I suppose I will now have to find a course in "How to Acquire a Down East Accent." Don't want to sound like a Carpetbagger.

All the best,

Lloyd
burckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote