Thread: Pet food recall
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 11:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Several months ago I switched my pup (19 months) over to Solid Gold dry food (Wolf King).

After looking at all the ingredients etc I decided this was the best I could do for her. Yes, it's expensive (comparable to Eukanuba) but when you factor in the nutrition, the ingredients, etc It's worth it.

Since the old cat (21 yrs old) will eat nothing but Iam's slices, I am switching him over to the cat equivalent of this product in cans. It's going to cost a bunch of bucks more per month, but what can a person do? He has had urinary blockages in his younger years from eating the cheap stuff like Friskies.

I get the food from the vet. LOL I might as well have children in the house. They are getting really expensive to take care of, but worth it. Hubby asked just last night if the Wolf King was on the list of recalled food. NO IT"S NOT

to check out these products

I know not everyone can afford this kind of stuff. I would go homemade but my cat just doesn't handle it well, and you have to keep in mind that specialized blends of food have stuff in it that they need. When you do completely homemade you might not be giving your cat some of the nutrients.

But that's just my opinion, OK?

Hugs and Prayers

P.S. If you go to
there is a great explanation of the ingredients, additives and brands available. There are also recipes you can cook.

pass the bubble wrap please

Last edited by Farm Wife; 03-20-2007 at 11:08 AM. Reason: needed to add website and info
Farm Wife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote