View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 01:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks JoMar, I appreciate that info. I originally wanted an MRI of my shoulder (from the great doc that recently gave me one) because I just envisioned scar tissue.

I have felt for a long time I have had "muscle issues" and it would be no surprise to me if this is just a massive muscle issue, gone out of control, and untreated for too long, until, yes, they are all just too sticky, too rigid. It makes me so mad that much of our body IS muscle but doctors seem to brush over muscle issues as cases of depression (no one has told me that yet, but I think I have just lived with this for so long afraid I would end up labeled as having psychological problems!) My insurance does not pay for PT or massage therapy, so I will be doing lots of in home care for myself most likely. Oh, and I did have a cervical MRI because they thought is was a C7 disc herniation, showed no curve in my neck but no disc herniation either. That's been ruled out which is how TOS came up. And just to be on the safe side I am having blood work done tomorrow. Should be clear, so far it always has been : )

But with some knowledge hopefully I can help lessen this pain and at least not let my symptoms progress even more than they have over the last five years! As I stated an EMG already came back that I had nerve damage and atrophy of my tricep muscle, I really don't want further damage. As far as an official dx, I don't necessarily need that as long I can get the right tx, which my insurance has to pay for, no money for out of pocket costs. That is really my only concern and of course not having to continue to rule things out for several more months rather than start tx. But I have looked up stretches and have already started them.

I can tell you I will continue doing all the things I normally do, TOS or not! I have way too much to live for and way too much to do to focus on this holding me back. I just am excited to have something I can focus on trying to heal. It's hard to heal and think positively when you don't know what the heck is wrong with you in the first place. I will be back when I get word on any tests! I can join the ranks of statistical information for this forum ; ) But the lesson is don't ignore symptoms because they only get worse. I have learned just because one doctor treats you like an idiot it doesn't mean the next one will. If I had continued to pursue this five years ago I probably wouldn't have those darn abnormal EMG results. Right now I am just visualizing a glorious day in the future where I realize what it is like to not be in pain on some level or another! I have no idea what that feels like, but I sure want to : )
minimama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote