View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 02:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Me too, same deal

[QUOTE=Sasha;813896]I have started having this awful reaction to taking Sinement (generic) 10 - 20 minutes after ingested

I have been on PD drugs for 8 years, and this - exactly what Sasha describes - started from one day to the next, about 6 months ago.
|Generic sinemet triggers it in as little as 5 minutes after swallowing; feels very much like an overdose, happens 3, ,4, 5, 8 times a day, and once or twice during the night. Full body spasms, violent, constant inside shaking; cannot find any position that is tolerable, sometimes as if paralyzed from the neck down - cannot get out of bed or roll over or pull up the blanket or adjust a pillow - often can walk only a few feet, and only by very fast shuffling of the feet; soon becomes exhausting. climb stairs like a cat. Also taking Mirapex and Seligilene - seem to have the same effect; but sinemet for sure - when i take it alone or with the other drugs I know i am going down. It started so suddenly 6 months that I assumed it had to be a bad batch of pills - we suspect that often since Canada's only producer of sinemet shut down production the same time Merck closed theirs, and the pills i am getting now are very powdery compared to what they used to be before it all got outsourced to China (new, largest sinement production in the world - sitting in an earthquake zone in a politically unstable country; this source of supply has no back-up... ) but others around me are taking the same drugs and all is fine for them
I feel the symptoms coming on and take sinemet and all the symptoms in the world are immediately there in full force. Usually the worst part is the first 30 minutes. Sometimes then it goes away (every time, i use all my techniques against it - music, dance, emotions and etc.) But sometimes it lasts all afternoon and all evening and sometimes I wake up at midnight, having constant spasms even though it is now 6 hours since i took any drugs at all. But the one thing sure is that it hits everyday, more than once, and it is torture.
Neuro has no explanation, except fluctuations - and wants me to be regular with taking the pills on time - but when i get up at 1 a.m. and take pills then and at 4; then by 8 a,m, i have taken my day;s supply. SO I take more. It is scarey to swallow the pills because torture follows fast. but more scarey is the idea that my body is reacting like a wasp hit with insecticide; curling up and twitching; in which case my body is now refusing the drugs and my only remaining option would be to let some yuppies operate on my brain when they get back from playing golf in Bermuda. Never trust a doctor in the northlands who is always suntanned - too much golf on faraway islands seizes up the mind.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (10-13-2011)