View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 08:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
The ability to keep a schedule, as required by attending classes, has in many cases been sufficient to show the ability to work. And from my recollection of my college experience, school most definitely was work . . . in some cases more challenging than some jobs I have held!

You might want to check out this information:
From what we were told. It has to be a full time job for either SSI or SSDI. School doesn't count. In fact, according there own rules they suppose to help with schooling. I looked at that page. It says "substantial gainful activity" that is different than what we were told "substantial gainful employed". That was a long time ago. Did they change that it in the last few years? Do they even follow the own rules? I was going to tell him, he could go back to school if he wanted after I am gone. I guess I will have to tell him, he can't unless he finds a special school.

I heard of special schools. They help people with mental disabilities. He is considered borderline mentally disabled. He has a little bit of dyslexia, minimal brain dysfunction, and has trouble getting along with people. I have no idea where they are. I don't think they would end a disability for people going to special school, that would be consider disability discrimination.
gday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote