View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 08:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bob and Sasha,
Are you able to find an alternative source of medication, preferably branded, to see if that makes a difference..... I had a batch that did something that made me not feel at all normal, 2 months supply, around the beginning of last year. It was branded, but very crumbly, in fact some of the tablets would be broken in the blister pack before I opened it.Bob, you might recall me mentioning it at the time. My pharmacist arranged for a replacement supply and haven't had a problem since. If you have any pre-problem meds try them....... on the other hand it could be something completely different, and I know that.

If they are generics maybe some of the less than 'true' versions have slipped into the system, but Bob you are saying that other people you know are doing ok. Do you know anyone whose supply is the same as yours.....

The next may seems a bit far out, but at the risk of seeming stupid I have included it.........Feel free to let me know if you think I am barking mad

I came across some kind of process being developed that would increase ldopa yield 12-fold, or something like that, I have no more info and don't remember where I found it, and it may not have been a reliable source. By that I mean it sounded like it was production development, but who knows if it is now being used or not...... I remember at the time thinking I wonder if this result adverse issues, whether the enhancement in production might not result in exactly the same thing..... and I only mention this because if it is not dose or batch related, and it is not dyskinesia related, and the doctors are puzzled, then maybe it is something related to manufacture that has not been seen before. I have an idea the paper was somewhere around 2006.

I am not a conspiracy theorist however, it is just something I came across on some kind of research science site....... probably is not relevant.

Really hope you both find some answers to this, it is bad enough having Pd without any of the fringe 'benefits'.
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote